This focus of this group is to identify the needs of our seniors living in the area and to provide more support.
As with all of the work of the NWI BLT, local residents lead this group – volunteering their time and being the voice of the community, alongside organisations that can help us achieve our aims.
The aims of this group include
- Developing social activities
- Providing music for sing-alongs
- Supporting lunch clubs
- Uniting different age groups
- Supporting family carers
- Bringing together different housing groups
- Creating a more dementia-friendly community
- Becoming a central point for information e.g. what’s on and where to go for further help.
Together we will make a difference and we really do care, but we need your help. Tell us what you think – are we focusing on the right things? What else do we need to do? We’d love to hear from you.
Working in partnership with ActivLives to bring you the Friday Friends Café for those living with dementia and their carers.